Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Action

I've blogged before about willingness. When you're willing to gamble, you bring action to the table. Last night, the table I joined had a bunch of willing players; consequently, it saw a lot of action! That was good, because I hit the felt fairly quickly - and not just once, but twice! The first time was definitely my fault. I went all in on a two pair, something I've sworn up and down repeatedly I'd never do again. I deservedly lost, to a straight. The second time was not my fault, though; I was the victim of a bad beat.

As you might have guessed, I stayed at the same table the whole night, and reupped for a second time after the bad beat. I quickly got some revenge on the player who'd taken me out on the bad beat; he went all in again preflop, I called, and my ace queen held up against his king queen. That pot was worth $95,300, and got me back on the right track.

As far as I know, I won the single biggest pot of my poker career tonight - $148,225. I made a nine high straight on the turn, and luckily for me, an opponent went all in when he hit trip jacks on the river. I also either set or tied my best-ever in-session rebound, coming back from $80,000 in the hole.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 46 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 7 times while in big blind (71%)
- 3 out of 8 times while in small blind (37%)
- 18 out of 31 times in other positions (58%)
- a total of 26 out of 46 (56%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 10 (60%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $49,325
balance: $1,588,417

No comments:

Post a Comment