Friday, May 13, 2011

Ending on an up note

Last night, I played quite well for 50 or so hands, but then got impatient and hit the felt when I inexplicably called a big bet on the flop with nothing but an ace high. After two more cards, I still only had an ace high, and lost to a pair of queens. One mitigating factor was that my hole cards were both overcards to the board at the flop; my real mistake was calling the big bet on the turn, now that I think about it. That last call put me all in; there was no way I should have called without so much as a pair.

Since this is my second post of the night, due to the Blogger outage, it's enabled me to notice something I might not have noticed before - namely, that both of the last two nights, I hit the felt in an eerily similar fashion. Both times, I went all in when I had no business doing so, and my stack sizes were almost identical at the start of the fateful hands: $27,500 on Wednesday night, and $27,900 last night. This may be an indication that I start to get dangerously impatient when my stack dips below 75% of its original amount. I dubbed this "stack tilt" in an earlier post, and I'm surprised to see it crop up again; I thought I was all over such nonsense.

As I did on Wednesday night, I reupped at the same table for the maximum starting amount. This time, I had better luck, and managed to win back a good chunk of what I'd lost. Both nights ended in a similar fashion - with me calling it quits after winning a nice pot. Last night, the pot was worth $33,284, an amount very similar to that of the session-ending Wednesday night pot. I wouldn't exactly call last night a Doppelsession, but it was pretty close!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 82 hands and saw flop:
- 7 out of 11 times while in big blind (63%)
- 7 out of 12 times while in small blind (58%)
- 41 out of 59 times in other positions (69%)
- a total of 55 out of 82 (67%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 13 (23%)
Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-15,124
balance: $1,612,493

No comments:

Post a Comment