Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My favorite type of hand

Last night I did very well, more than doubling my starting stack. This is starting to seem routine, which could be a good sign. I had a double up on a single hand, going all in and winning with a queen high straight (which beat a nine high straight).

Rather than give a detailed account of last night's session, I thought I'd change things up and write a more general post. I want to talk about my favorite type of hand. Not to keep anybody in suspense, it's a flush. My love for flushes, and belief in their near indomitability, is so strong that once when an opponent displayed a flush at showdown my first reaction was that I'd lost, even though I'd made a full house!

I'll admit that sometimes I chase flushes, which can be expensive. I'll also admit that I believe in hunches, and invariably pursue the flush when I have a hunch.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 35 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 7 times while in big blind (71%)
- 6 out of 8 times while in small blind (75%)
- 17 out of 20 times in other positions (85%)
- a total of 28 out of 35 (80%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 9 (66%)
Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $54,906
balance: $1,496,392

No comments:

Post a Comment