Thursday, May 26, 2011

Friskiness

Last night, I had a long session where I played very well about 98% of the time; however, I played one hand very poorly, and it cost me $36,500 in profit. On the hand in question, I got frisky. In general, that's a bad thing; when you're being frisky, you neglect to go through the fundamental poker analysis you should be performing on every hand. Wouldn't you know, it was my old friend/nemesis the stealth two pair. When I saw it, my poker brain turned off. I decided that it couldn't lose, and didn't even bother to check the draws on the board when one of my opponents went all in on the turn. I called, and got what I deserved; my opponent had hit a straight.

Sometimes you get lucky when you're being frisky, but more often than not you don't. It's just silly not to check the draws on the board; there's no excuse for that. Anyhow, I'm not down on myself; I still managed to end the night with a small profit.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 134 hands and saw flop:
- 11 out of 18 times while in big blind (61%)
- 10 out of 19 times while in small blind (52%)
- 48 out of 97 times in other positions (49%)
- a total of 69 out of 134 (51%)
Pots won at showdown - 9 of 19 (47%)
Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $11,650
balance: $1,693,993

No comments:

Post a Comment