Friday, May 27, 2011

An ace and a face

Last night, I took a pretty big gamble about a third of the way through the session, and it really paid off. I was dealt "an ace and a face", which is my latest neo neo and means what you'd think, an ace and a face card. In this case it was an ace jack suited, and an all in preflop raise from a bigger stack forced me to decide whether to go all in with it or fold. I decided to go all in, and was one of three players left in the hand. Since two of us had gone all in, there were no more betting rounds, and all the hole cards were revealed. I didn't like my chances at all when I saw the holdings of the other two players - a big slick and a pair of tens. The PokerStars odds calculator informs me that I had only a 22.8% chance of winning at that point. Three low cards on the flop missed everybody, but I paired my jack on the turn. The river card paired one of the low cards on the board, and my two pair of jacks and fours won the main pot of $77,600. Interestingly, the amounts of the side and main pots were almost identical; the pair of tens won the side pot of $77,904.

That was definitely the riskiest play I made all night. It enabled me to really pick and choose my spots. When I got my stack up to almost $100K I knew I'd had the best of my night, and happily called it quits.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 77 hands and saw flop:
- 10 out of 14 times while in big blind (71%)
- 13 out of 15 times while in small blind (86%)
- 38 out of 48 times in other positions (79%)
- a total of 61 out of 77 (79%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 10 (60%)
Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $57,000
balance: $1,750,993

No comments:

Post a Comment