Friday, July 5, 2013

Set over set

Last night, I played Omaha for the first time in over two years. I played pretty well, although the session was not a winning one. Towards the end, people kept leaving the table until there were only two of us left. I was able to relieve my opponent of his remaining chips, then decided to call it a night instead of joining another table. Hand 89 was the one which made the session a losing one. I was dealt Ts Th 7s 8h, and hit a set of tens on the flop. Unfortunately for me, one of my opponents hit a set of kings on the flop. He went all in on the turn, and I called. Fortunately for me, he'd started the hand with less chips than I had, so I didn't hit the felt. I did lose $22,943, however. I need to recalibrate my hand assessing for Omaha; Omaha requires much better hands to win than hold'em. Funnily enough, last night marks the first time my cash game PLO balance has ever ventured into the red.

During current Omaha session you were dealt 107 hands and saw flop:
 - 21 out of 24 times while in big blind (87%)
 - 15 out of 23 times while in small blind (65%)
 - 23 out of 60 times in other positions (38%)
 - a total of 59 out of 107 (55%)
 Pots won at showdown - 9 of 21 (42%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-27,013
cash game PLO balance: $-5,265
balance: $7,198,375

No comments:

Post a Comment