Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Poker radar

Last night, my poker radar was in fine working order. When it's really homed in, it's like being able to see your opponents' hole cards. You know what they have just by the way they're betting. You can sense when they're trying to buy the pot; the bet sizes are just a hair too big. Only someone who really doesn't want to see a call bets in a certain range. That's when the bet size isn't big enough for a bluff, and isn't small enough to be the result of slow-playing. In such cases, very often the opponent will have high cards, likely including an ace, but will not have hit a pair. This is the very scenario I sensed last night, on hand 35. I was dealt Jh Th, and the flop came Ts 9s 3d. I bet $600, and called a raise to $2,600. No one else called. The turn was 8h, my opponent bet $3,600, and I called. The river was Kh, my opponent bet $5,600, and I called a final time. My opponent turned over Ac Qs, and I won a pot worth $29,500 with my pair of tens.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 38 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 5 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 7 out of 7 times while in small blind (100%)
 - 16 out of 26 times in other positions (61%)
 - a total of 28 out of 38 (73%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 8 (37%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $12,235
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,757,327
balance: $7,206,735

No comments:

Post a Comment