Saturday, July 20, 2013

Above the fray

The kind of session I like the best is when my stack never falls below its original starting amount. I hereby dub such a session an above the fray session. Of the 434 sessions of cash game no limit hold'em I've played since turning on the PokerStars feature which auto-saves the hand histories, 29 have been above the fray. Two of my last three sessions have been above the fray, including last night's.

One of the requirements of an above the fray session is that you win your first hand of the night. I got curious and wrote a tool to find out how many times I've achieved this. Of the 434 sessions mentioned above, I've won the first hand 87 times, good for 20%. Since I always join a table which has six players at it, I should win the first hand roughly one out of seven times, or a shade over 14% of the time. I take it as a good sign that I'm beating the odds straight out of the gate :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 88 hands and saw flop:
 - 13 out of 17 times while in big blind (76%)
 - 8 out of 14 times while in small blind (57%)
 - 25 out of 57 times in other positions (43%)
 - a total of 46 out of 88 (52%)
 Pots won at showdown - 12 of 16 (75%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $38,361
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,725,614
balance: $7,082,567

No comments:

Post a Comment