Monday, April 22, 2013

The cutting room floor

I've never acted in a drama, either on screen or on the stage; however, like many movie buffs, I've done my share of imagining what that might be like. If I could appear in any movie, delivering just one line, I'd choose the following, spoken by Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) in "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End": "Send this pestilent, traitorous, cow-hearted, yeasty codpiece to the brig". Of course, like all poker players, I'm an actor of sorts; I try to tell different stories by the betting actions I make. Sometimes, I'm a frustrated actor; I'm all set for my closeup, really ready to chew the scenery, and the other players at the table just won't oblige me. In short, they chew the scenery before I can! That's what happened to me last night on hand 34. I was dealt a pair of sevens, and hit a set on the flop. I smooth called an $8,200 turn bet, and was all ready to shove all in on the river, but didn't get the chance to make this move as dramatic as I would have liked it to be. You could say my big scene fell to the cutting room floor :-) A player acting before me bet $20,600 on the river, and my subsequent all in raise to $27,857 lacked the fireworks I would have liked. Be that as it may, I still raked in a pot worth $86,714. It's better to be successful than dramatic.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 35 hands and saw flop:
 - 2 out of 3 times while in big blind (66%)
 - 3 out of 5 times while in small blind (60%)
 - 14 out of 27 times in other positions (51%)
 - a total of 19 out of 35 (54%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 3 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $46,714
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,792,237
balance: $7,241,645

No comments:

Post a Comment