Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Personal borscht

Like most players, I enjoy it when I achieve a personal poker best. Unlike some, I also enjoy it when I achieve a personal poker worst. Why would I enjoy a personal worst? The simplest way to explain it is that it's a luxury to be able to enjoy it, and I like luxury :-) I know that I'm a good enough player that no personal worst will ever be able to discourage me. I know that I'll bounce back, and even reach new heights.

There's a third kind of personal poker record that I also enjoy, but it's hard to come up with a name for it. It's neither a personal best nor a personal worst, yet shares features of both. At first I thought I'd call it a bestworst, then a worstbest, but neither of those really fit the bill. I eventually came up with personal borscht. Of course, that's a nonsensical name, but it has the merit that phonetically it reminds one of both best and worst. Also, borscht is a kind of soup, and this new kind of record is like soup in that it combines disparate elements.

My latest personal borscht is that on Sunday night, I had the lowest winning percentage for a winning session of at least 100 hands. I won only 9 of 113 hands, for an anemic winning percentage of 7.96%.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 113 hands and saw flop:
 - 13 out of 16 times while in big blind (81%)
 - 7 out of 16 times while in small blind (43%)
 - 33 out of 81 times in other positions (40%)
 - a total of 53 out of 113 (46%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 17 (35%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $21,531
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,857,347
balance: $7,306,755

No comments:

Post a Comment