Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Side pot salvation

I've sung the praises of side pots before, but they're worth singing again. If you have a good hand, and one player has already gone all in, an all in bet from another player shouldn't scare you too much. What are the odds the second all in player has that good a hand, given that yours is a good one, and the likelihood that the hand of the first all in player is decent? I found myself in just this situation on hand 13 last night. I made top two pair on the turn, and a second player went all in. I had the feeling I was best, so I called. The second player turned out to be on a flush draw, and didn't make it. My two pair won a side pot worth $53,564, though I lost the main pot of $26,471 to the first all in player, who had a full house.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 14 hands and saw flop:
 - 2 out of 2 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 2 out of 2 times while in small blind (100%)
 - 4 out of 10 times in other positions (40%)
 - a total of 8 out of 14 (57%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 3 (66%)
 Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $35,625
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,647,511
balance: $7,096,919

No comments:

Post a Comment