Friday, April 5, 2013

A perfect value bet

On the penultimate hand of last night's session, I made a value bet on the river. I knew it was a good one, but not how good until just now, when I looked back over the hand history. It was perfect. How do I have the gall to make such a claim? For the simple reason that my opponent's holding was so bad, there was very little chance he would have called any higher bet on my part. I hit a straight on the river, and bet $1,400 into a pot of $16,300. My opponent, who only had a pair of fours, called. All five cards of the board were over a four. For him to call my bet, he had to somehow believe I didn't even have a pair. I like to think it was the smallness of my river bet which convinced him.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 46 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 4 times while in big blind (75%)
 - 5 out of 6 times while in small blind (83%)
 - 17 out of 36 times in other positions (47%)
 - a total of 25 out of 46 (54%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 6 (66%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $2,708
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,654,531
balance: $7,103,939


No comments:

Post a Comment