Monday, April 8, 2013

A bucket of cold water

There I was, sitting in my comfortable Adirondack chair by the shores of Lake Poker. The weather was pleasantly warm, and there was a nice breeze coming off the lake. I was sipping a brewski, and all was right with the world. Suddenly, with no warning, I was doused by a large quantity of cold water. So much for my month by the lake!

That's a dramatization of what happened to me on hand 3 on Saturday night. I was dealt 7h Jh, and hit trip sevens on the turn; I went all in on the river. I started the hand with $39,600, and ended it with nothing. I lost to another trip sevens who had a better kicker (a king).

As you'll know, if you're familiar with my poker philosophy, I have no regrets about playing this hand the way I did. I'd play it this way every single time. Sometimes, you're just predestined to lose a hand; that's just how poker rolls.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 98 hands and saw flop:
 - 11 out of 15 times while in big blind (73%)
 - 9 out of 17 times while in small blind (52%)
 - 28 out of 66 times in other positions (42%)
 - a total of 48 out of 98 (48%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 15 (53%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $-31,326
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,655,989
balance: $7,105,397

No comments:

Post a Comment