Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wavelength

The title of this post comes from a classic song by Van Morrison which I like a lot. It's a song about how a man is turned on when his lover gets him on her wavelength. I never thought about it before, but I think it's pretty important who's the sender and who's the receiver. You notice it's not the man who gets the woman on his wavelength, but the woman who gets the man on hers.

I think there's a nice parallel here with Lady Luck. When I play my best poker, I'm not sending at all; I'm merely a receiver. That might not sound like a lot, but it's actually a very hard thing to do. It's the easiest thing in the world to tell yourself that you're a good player, but when you do so, you're sending (if only to yourself). Poker is all about receiving; you must receive as much information as you can, and only act when the information warrants it. You have to be patient, and wait for Lady Luck to get you on her wavelength!

On Saturday night, it took me 121 hands to get into the black; when I finally did, I won a pot worth $17,200 without a showdown. I had pocket rockets, and no one called my final bet.

Work has been busy lately, and I haven't had a chance to play; I've really been missing it and am psyched I'm going to play tonight!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 122 hands and saw flop:
- 19 out of 23 times while in big blind (82%)
- 20 out of 24 times while in small blind (83%)
- 56 out of 75 times in other positions (74%)
- a total of 95 out of 122 (77%)
Pots won at showdown - 14 of 25 (56%)
Pots won without showdown - 19

delta: $9,600
balance: $2,013,060

No comments:

Post a Comment