Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Imagination failure

Last night, I lost due to a failure on the final hand to imagine what my opponent had, even though his betting pattern was telling me plainly enough. I'd hit a stealth two pair on the flop, and it was the top two. I've been living off stealth twos lately, and was getting pretty complacent about them. I got into a betting war with one opponent after the flop, and finally decided to go all in. My complacency was informing me that he also had a stealth two, but with the top and bottom pair. Wrong! He'd flopped a straight, and it held up on the turn and river.

Now that it's over, I can talk about my latest winning streak. It's the second longest of my poker career, at 12. I really thought I had a shot at extending it long enough to hit the golden ratio; I only needed to win 5 more. I'm confident I'll hit the golden ratio before the end of the year.

delta: $-40,000
balance: $2,328,142

No comments:

Post a Comment