Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Deuce fool's gold

Last night, I played great except for one hand. On that hand, I fell victim to deuce fool's gold. I was dealt 7 5 2 Q T, and a player with more than twice my chips raised to just over $2K before the first draw. I couldn't stop myself from calling; my eyes had gotten "as big as saucers" when I saw that I had three cards to a #1. My opponent stood pat on every draw; he'd been dealt a 9 low. The best I could come up with was a pair of sevens. Felt city. I lost $4,620 on the hand.

My new rule is that I won't call big raises before the first draw unless I have four cards to a 7 low (or better). On a positive note, I managed to obey my recent all-in percentage rule; I went all in on just 3 of 83 hands, for 3.6%, well below my cutoff of 7%.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 83 hands
Pots won if drawing - 20 of 58 (34%)
Pots won at showdown - 10 of 19 (52%)
Pots won without showdown - 11

delta: $-2,224
balance: $2,033,058

No comments:

Post a Comment