Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Frisky early's evil twin

Last night, I was frisky early again, and it cost me. The problem was that I was frisky early in two different ways, and one of them is an evil twin. It's okay to be frisky early in a session; however, it's very bad to be frisky early in a betting round. Why? The reason's simple - because you don't know how many people acting behind you might get frisky too. While there are many hands which you wouldn't feel bad about going heads up with, there aren't too many you'd feel good about going up against two or more opponents with. The odds of you winning drop dramatically with every additional opponent. This leads to my very latest deuce rule: never call a big bet or raise when you're not the last person to act unless you have a super strong hand (i.e., a #1, #2, or #3).

I hit the felt on my very first hand of the session, acting frisky early in both the good and the bad sense. Actually, I doubly misplayed this hand; not only were there people to act after me, but someone who acted before me had already called the big bet of the player who opened the betting. Not only was I guaranteed to be going up against two opponents, there was a chance I'd be going up against more than two. As it turned out, four of us went to showdown; clearly, horrendous odds. I hope I've learned my lesson!

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 45 hands
Pots won if drawing - 12 of 33 (36%)
Pots won at showdown - 9 of 21 (42%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $-2,085
balance: $2,030,973

No comments:

Post a Comment