Wednesday, October 19, 2011

High and dry

Last night, the session after I was inspired to come up with the underwater percentage statistic, I was underwater 0% of the time! I haven't checked exactly how rare that is for me, but I'm sure it's very rare. First, it requires winning the first hand, something that I should only be able to do one time in seven (since I invariably join a table with 6 players). Next, it requires not hitting a bad patch, and bad patches are endemic to poker. Finally, it requires the will to quit while I'm ahead, even though it's likely I'll want to continue playing. Add that all up, and I'd estimate that the odds of me having a high and dry session are about one in fifty. Of course, high and dry sessions aren't important; what's important is to have sessions in the black. Enough sessions in the black, and you get into the blue :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 30 hands and saw flop:
- 2 out of 5 times while in big blind (40%)
- 2 out of 5 times while in small blind (40%)
- 11 out of 20 times in other positions (55%)
- a total of 15 out of 30 (50%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 4 (75%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $30,400
balance: $2,130,160

No comments:

Post a Comment