Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fwopping

Faithful readers of this blog will remember that fwep is an acronym I coined which stands for "fold with extreme prejudice". You might be guessing that since I'm mentioning fwepping, last night I might have fwepped a lot, but you'd be wrong. Last night, I fwopped a lot. Don't worry, I haven't told you what fwop stands for yet, so you can be forgiven for drawing a blank. Fwop stands for "fold without pain" (I know, I had to use a vowel from within a word in order to eke out a pronounceable acronym; sue me :-).

Folding without pain is when you have no regrets about folding, and not even a scintilla of doubt about the propriety of doing so. Fwepping has emotion attached to it, but fwopping has no emotion, just austere, beautiful, Vulcan-like logic. I foresee little fwepping in my poker future, but large quantities of fwopping. To paraphrase Corinthians, when I was a poker child, I bet as a child, I called as a child, and I folded as a child; but now that I'm a poker adult, I've put away childish things.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 67 hands and saw flop:
- 6 out of 9 times while in big blind (66%)
- 4 out of 10 times while in small blind (40%)
- 16 out of 48 times in other positions (33%)
- a total of 26 out of 67 (38%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 5 (60%)
Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $11,700
balance: $2,024,760

No comments:

Post a Comment