Monday, June 13, 2011

Seventeened

On Saturday night, I hit the felt twice. Both times, I had more than my starting stack amount of $40K at the start of the hand where I went bust. I definitely bet too aggressively on the first hand. I'd flopped a pair of kings, had a good kicker, and the other two cards in the flop were small. I ended up going all in, and my kings lost to pocket aces.

The second time I hit the felt was not my fault. I flopped a straight, went all in with it, and lost to a full house made by running fours on the turn and river. Afterwards, I used one of my homegrown poker odds calculators to determine that I'd been beaten by a 17% underdog. That hurts!

I'm not discouraged, though. Going all in with the straight was the right play. My balance is in a bit of a holding pattern right now, but I'm sure I'll get it up to 2 million before the end of the summer.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 65 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 11 times while in big blind (45%)
- 8 out of 12 times while in small blind (66%)
- 27 out of 42 times in other positions (64%)
- a total of 40 out of 65 (61%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 11 (45%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $-80,000
balance: $1,794,272

No comments:

Post a Comment