Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gone to pot

Last night, I played fairly well for 70 hands, only to hit the felt on the 71st when I couldn't stop myself from calling an all in bet from a loose player. This player had been going all in frequently, and I finally got a hand I thought I could call with - a pair of queens. Unfortunately, the loose player had pocket rockets, and I lost even after hitting trip queens on the turn; my opponent hit an ace high flush on the river. Whatcha gonna do?

It's official - my no limit hold'em game has gone to pot. Actually, it would probably be more accurate to say I never actually had a no limit hold'em game to start with; my lack of such a game has finally caught up with me, though I had a great run for a while. It's time to lick my wounds and retrench; the best way to do this is to return to pot limit hold'em, my first and favorite poker flavor. I'll eventually try my hand at no limit again, but first I need to recoup the $381K I've lost in the last three weeks. That should keep me busy for a while :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 71 hands and saw flop:
- 6 out of 10 times while in big blind (60%)
- 8 out of 10 times while in small blind (80%)
- 24 out of 51 times in other positions (47%)
- a total of 38 out of 71 (53%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 7 (28%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $-40,000
balance: $1,493,210

No comments:

Post a Comment