Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Calculated frisk

Last night, I had a winning session. I haven't been able to say that very often lately! I would have done even better had I been able to curb my friskiness on an early hand; the thing is, the friskiness was a calculated risk, and I don't regret it. The hand before, a loose player had gone all in preflop with an ace nine offsuit, and had luckily paired his ace on the flop; his lone caller lost with pocket jacks. The same loose player bet $17,400 preflop on the hand in question; I called with an ace jack offsuit. When the flop missed my hand and my opponent made a continuation bet of $33,400, I folded. I knew I couldn't afford to be frisky after that. When my stack got decently north of $40K, I called it a night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 22 hands and saw flop:
- 1 out of 2 times while in big blind (50%)
- 2 out of 3 times while in small blind (66%)
- 8 out of 17 times in other positions (47%)
- a total of 11 out of 22 (50%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 3 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $17,500
balance: $1,533,210

No comments:

Post a Comment