Friday, June 3, 2011

More big stack practice

Last night, I doubled up on hand 9, and couldn't tear myself away from the table. I decided to get some more big stack practice in. I acquitted myself pretty well. The one hand where I took a big hit was mostly excusable, since I had trips and ran into a full house. All the other losses were of the small, "cost of doing business" variety. For an extended period in the middle of the session, I was up against just two opponents; that's a situation I've done well in before, and I did so again.

One poker basic which it doesn't hurt to repeat here is that the lower the number of opponents you have, the lower your requirements for a starting hand can be. What's great about three handed play is that it rewards good post flop decision-making; I know enough about my poker abilities to realize I'm better at post flop decisions than pre flop ones.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 120 hands and saw flop:
- 23 out of 27 times while in big blind (85%)
- 23 out of 27 times while in small blind (85%)
- 54 out of 66 times in other positions (81%)
- a total of 100 out of 120 (83%)
Pots won at showdown - 15 of 30 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 17

delta: $10,050
balance: $1,818,167

No comments:

Post a Comment