Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Freefall

Last night, I hit the felt again twice. In my last three sessions, I've lost a whopping $240,000, which is almost double my next biggest three session loss. I'm officially in freefall! The thing about it is, it's actually kind of exhilarating. I know I'm not nearly as bad as these results seem to indicate. I know I'll turn things around. I just don't know when.

I've discovered a third glaring weakness in my game. The first two I've known about for some time, but this third one is the worst of the lot.

neo glaring weakness #1: a tendency to grossly overvalue stealth two pairs
neo glaring weakness #2: a tendency to chase flushes
neo glaring weakness #3: an irrepressible urge to "school" bad players

I hit the felt at the first table last night when a very bad player who kept going all in finally had a hand when he went all in; my two pair of queens and sevens lost to his eight high straight. I just couldn't credit his big river bet.

You might not credit me when I say I'm not discouraged in the least by this freefall, but it's actually the truth.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 169 hands and saw flop:
- 25 out of 30 times while in big blind (83%)
- 20 out of 31 times while in small blind (64%)
- 77 out of 108 times in other positions (71%)
- a total of 122 out of 169 (72%)
Pots won at showdown - 13 of 35 (37%)
Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $-80,000
balance: $1,584,072

No comments:

Post a Comment