Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flush chaser

Last night, I hit the felt at the first table I joined after a mere six hands. I disobeyed one of my cardinal rules and went all in on a flush draw. Just call me a flush chaser! Some people chase skirts; others chase ambulances. I chase flushes, at least when I'm in a frisky poker mood.

When I reupped for the max at the same table, my sole goal was to win back, by playing patiently (and not chasing flushes :-), what I'd lost so quickly. I was able to achieve that goal, but it took another 80 odd hands to do it.

Tonight, my goal is to pick up my patient play where I left off; I'm going to pretend that I've already lost $40K, and that all I'm trying to do is win it back. We'll see how well I can fool myself!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 89 hands and saw flop:
- 10 out of 14 times while in big blind (71%)
- 10 out of 15 times while in small blind (66%)
- 32 out of 60 times in other positions (53%)
- a total of 52 out of 89 (58%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 13 (46%)
Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $4,300
balance: $1,798,572

No comments:

Post a Comment