Friday, February 8, 2013

Twin flushes

It's pretty rare to get two flushes in a single session. It's much rarer to get two in a row. It's much rarer still if they're in the same suit. It's the rarest of all if they're each the nut flush. Last night, I had two flushes. They were in a row. They were also in the same suit, spades. Finally, they were each the nut flush, since both times I'd been dealt the ace of spades as one of my hole cards. The odds of all those coincidences happening are vanishingly small. I won a pot worth $33,042 with the first twin, and $50,600 with the other. To use a favorite locution of my father's, I knew "beyond peradventure" that I was done for the night :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 29 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 5 times while in big blind (60%)
 - 4 out of 5 times while in small blind (80%)
 - 10 out of 19 times in other positions (52%)
 - a total of 17 out of 29 (58%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 4 (75%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $48,721
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,077,944
balance: $6,527,352

No comments:

Post a Comment