Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cash is king

I made tons of money really fast when I played sit and gos last year. Of course, I also lost a ton of money really fast. I had the wisdom, or some might say the cowardice, to quit playing sit and gos when I really began to hemorrhage money. I miss the thrill of tournaments, but certainly don't miss the wild swings. I decided I'd take stock and look at some numbers from the last calendar year - which includes the four month tournament stint - to see if I could draw any conclusions about the relative merits of cash games vs. tournament poker. The results are in, and it's a landslide: cash is king!

In the last calendar year, I played 17,594 tournament hands, and won $1,168,090 playing tournaments. That averages out to $66 a hand. Also in the last calendar year, I played 15,180 cash game hands, and won $2,138,175 playing cash games. That averages out to a whopping $141 per hand. Any time I start getting the urge to play sit and gos again, I'll just remind myself of these stats to set myself straight.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 100 hands and saw flop:
 - 15 out of 20 times while in big blind (75%)
 - 16 out of 22 times while in small blind (72%)
 - 35 out of 58 times in other positions (60%)
 - a total of 66 out of 100 (66%)
 Pots won at showdown - 7 of 14 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 15

delta: $10,275
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,088,219
balance: $6,537,627

No comments:

Post a Comment