Monday, February 25, 2013

Statistical symbiosis

Poker decisions don't live in isolation. No more do poker statistics. They're inextricably inter-connected. The more I look at seeing-the-flop percentages and showdown percentages, the more I understand their symbiotic relationship. You really, really, really don't want a big seeing-the-flop percentage. The more mediocre it is, the more awesome your showdown percentage is likely to be. As I've said before, 50 is the magic number. If you can keep your seeing-the-flop percentage below 50, you vastly increase your chances of success. I have a hunch I've never doubled my starting stack with a seeing-the-flop percentage over 50; I'll check this out sometime.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 24 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 4 times while in big blind (75%)
 - 0 out of 4 times while in small blind (0%)
 - 8 out of 16 times in other positions (50%)
 - a total of 11 out of 24 (45%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 7 (85%)
 Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $45,799
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,256,975
balance: $6,706,383

No comments:

Post a Comment