Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sneaky streaks

The best streak of winning sessions I've had in my poker career is 29 straight. I don't remember exactly when I became aware I was on such a major streak, but I was unaware longer than you might think. One of the wonderful things about poker is that when you're in the zone, it feels completely natural and normal to win. You don't think you're doing anything special; you're just playing normally. All you want to do is keep on playing normally. As policemen like to say at a crime scene, "Nothing to see here; move along!". It's only when you finally lose that you can begin to take stock of your accomplishment. When even long winning streaks can sneak up on you, it's no wonder that great play streaks are even sneakier. What I mean by great play streaks are stretches where you don't win every session, but damn near do. Looking at my recent session deltas, I realize I'm on a great play streak. I've won 14 of the last 17 sessions; this is the best 17 session stretch I've had since I quit playing sit and gos. I've won over $300,000 in this stretch.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 92 hands and saw flop:
 - 10 out of 15 times while in big blind (66%)
 - 5 out of 14 times while in small blind (35%)
 - 20 out of 63 times in other positions (31%)
 - a total of 35 out of 92 (38%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 9 (44%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $25,787
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,304,884
balance: $6,754,292

No comments:

Post a Comment