Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The art of the exit

There's no doubt in my mind that the difference between a good cash game career and a great one lies in knowing when to end a session. There's definitely an art to exiting. What makes exiting well especially hard to do is that often the very best time to quit is the very time when you feel you're at the top of your game and can do no wrong. How can you quit when there's all that money at the table, just waiting to be yours? However, if you can convince yourself to quit when you don't really want to, you're going to end up with a ton of money in the long run.

Last night, I did a whole lot of nothing for 36 hands; then, on hand 37, I won a pot worth $18,600. I was a little slow on the uptake; I should have quit on hand 38, but ended up playing one more hand. Still, I'm pleased I was able to recognize that the moment for departure had arrived.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 39 hands and saw flop:
 - 6 out of 8 times while in big blind (75%)
 - 8 out of 9 times while in small blind (88%)
 - 14 out of 22 times in other positions (63%)
 - a total of 28 out of 39 (71%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 6 (66%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $8,452
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,212,413
balance: $6,661,821

1 comment: