Sunday, February 17, 2013

A king's ransom

On Friday night, I hit the felt on hand 41 when I was dealt pocket kings, got into a brief preflop raising war, and called an all in bet by an opponent who had me covered. One other player called, so three of us went to showdown. The other hands were a pair of fours and a pair of nines. I had a 64% chance of winning, but it wasn't to be; one of my opponents flopped a set of nines. I would play this hand this same way every time. Pocket kings are so good, you happily pay people to see if they can beat you, since the odds are against that happening. Of course, when it does, you'll often have paid a king's ransom :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 117 hands and saw flop:
 - 6 out of 14 times while in big blind (42%)
 - 7 out of 15 times while in small blind (46%)
 - 34 out of 88 times in other positions (38%)
 - a total of 47 out of 117 (40%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 7 (57%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $-2,106
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,233,470
balance: $6,682,878

No comments:

Post a Comment