Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The urge to educate

Every now and then, I get the strong urge to educate an opponent about just how big a fool he's being. I try to overcome this desire, but am not always successful. I failed again last night. On hand 23, I flopped a club flush draw. When the opponent immediately to my right, who had me covered, went all in, I couldn't stop myself from calling. Not only did I not hit my flush, it wouldn't have mattered if I had, since my opponent hit a runner runner for a full house. I reupped for the max, but wasn't able to recoup my losses; I played even poker for another 51 hands. When my internet connection died, I took that as the signal to quit.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 74 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 10 times while in big blind (50%)
 - 6 out of 11 times while in small blind (54%)
 - 26 out of 53 times in other positions (49%)
 - a total of 37 out of 74 (50%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 13 (30%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $-39,050
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $3,989,123
balance: $6,438,531

No comments:

Post a Comment