Thursday, February 7, 2013

Air

There are only two reasons to go all in:

1. you have the nuts
2. you have air

The reason some players go all in when they have air is that they're trying to scare opponents off the hand, knowing they can't survive a showdown. I don't follow these rules all the time. In fact, I've never used reason 2. That doesn't mean, however, that I've never been the beneficiary when other players have used it. Last night was the most recent case in point. On hand 5, I was dealt a pair of queens, and made a set on the turn. On the river, my opponent went all in, and I called. He turned out to have pure air - a queen high. I took the money and ran.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 6 hands and saw flop:
 - 0 out of 1 times while in big blind (0%)
 - 1 out of 1 times while in small blind (100%)
 - 2 out of 4 times in other positions (50%)
 - a total of 3 out of 6 (50%)
 Pots won at showdown - 1 of 1 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $40,100
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,029,223
balance: $6,478,631

No comments:

Post a Comment