Thursday, January 31, 2013

A whole lot of nothing

Last night, I may have set a record for the least amount of money lost in a win-starved session. My definition of a win-starved session is one where you win less than half the number of hands you expect to win. Since I always join a table which already has six players, I expect to win 1 of every 7 hands, or 14%. If I win less than 7%, that's a win-starved session. In last night's session, I won 3 of 58 hands, or 5%. The biggest amount I lost on a single hand was $7,200; the average amount I lost on a losing hand was $769. It's actually an important poker skill to be able to accept the fact that on some nights, there's just a whole lot of nothing going on :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 58 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 7 times while in big blind (42%)
 - 0 out of 8 times while in small blind (0%)
 - 20 out of 43 times in other positions (46%)
 - a total of 23 out of 58 (39%)
 Pots won at showdown - 0 of 3 (0%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $-15,700
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,078,703
balance: $6,528,111

No comments:

Post a Comment