Thursday, January 10, 2013

Louisiana to Virginia

I'm closing in on my 800th post to this blog. I can remember when I thought 50 posts was a big deal. What an innocent I was :-) When you've written hundreds of posts, it's inevitable that sometimes you're going to find it a bit hard to come up with an angle. As I've mentioned once or twice before, my surefire cure for writer's block of this type is to look at the bar chart of my stack size over the course of the session, and see what it suggests to me. Last night, I went up by about $10K early on, then saw my stack slowly and steadily drift just south of $20K. At the end of the session, I got back into the black in very short order. The right half of the bar chart reminds me of the coastline of the United States - specifically, the coastline starting at Louisiana and ending at Virginia. I was glad to travel up the Eastern seaboard!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 83 hands and saw flop:
 - 11 out of 13 times while in big blind (84%)
 - 10 out of 14 times while in small blind (71%)
 - 38 out of 56 times in other positions (67%)
 - a total of 59 out of 83 (71%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 12 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $5,187
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $3,989,306
balance: $6,438,714

No comments:

Post a Comment