Friday, January 18, 2013

Pay me on the river

The more I play poker, the more I realize the importance of getting your opponents to believe they have you beat. That's the best way to get paid off. It's clear that the longer someone stays in a hand, the more reluctant they'll be to throw it away. The less you bet in the early stages of a hand, the more likely that players will stay in it. The stronger your hand is, the more important it is that you don't bet it big early on. This whole philosophy can be summed up in five words: "Pay me on the river".

Last night, on hand 38, I got paid on the river. Unfortunately, it was only a side pot; I missed out on the main pot when one of my two opponents filled a gutshot straight draw. Fortunately, the side pot was big enough to give me a nice profit, and a reason to call it a night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 39 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 6 times while in big blind (83%)
 - 1 out of 6 times while in small blind (16%)
 - 10 out of 27 times in other positions (37%)
 - a total of 16 out of 39 (41%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 4 (75%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $19,926
cash game no limit hold'em balance: 4,057,401
balance: $6,506,809

No comments:

Post a Comment