Saturday, January 19, 2013

Had I but chips enough, and time

I first read Andrew Marvell's poem "To His Coy Mistress" close to 40 years ago. Like all great poems, it has lines which you discover you've memorized, without even trying. Here are two that spring to mind:

Thou by the Indian Ganges' side shouldst rubies find;
I by the tide of Humber would complain.

Of course, these geographical references are examples of how far one could travel if space were no object, one of the two hypothetical conditions raised in the first lines of the poem:

Had we but world enough, and time,
This coyness, lady, were no crime.

As you can see, I've appropriated the first line for my own purposes in the title of this post. Had I but chips enough, and time, I'd never lose another poker session :-)

Last night, I had a long session where I was card dead for long stretches and had to be really patient. My patience was rewarded in the end when I won three hands in a row, essentially tripling up.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 106 hands and saw flop:
 - 8 out of 13 times while in big blind (61%)
 - 7 out of 15 times while in small blind (46%)
 - 41 out of 78 times in other positions (52%)
 - a total of 56 out of 106 (52%)
 Pots won at showdown - 10 of 17 (58%)
 Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $20,294
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,077,695
balance: $6,527,103

No comments:

Post a Comment