Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Acceptable losses

Some nights, even though you play well, you end up losing. Other nights, you might take an ill-advised risk, and come out on top. To help soothe your spirit after the first kind of night, it helps to have a working definition of an acceptable loss. Here's mine: a loss is acceptable if there's a hand which would have turned the loss into a win had there not been a bad beat. By this definition, last Saturday's loss was acceptable. On hand 65, I flopped a stealth two pair, bet it, and kept betting bigger on subsequent streets. I ended up losing to another two pair which was made on the river. I was a 68% favorite to win after the turn. I lost $13,600 on the hand. If I'd won, I would have netted $21,500. My delta for the session would have been in the black, at $6,997. I actually prefer this kind of loss to a fluky win.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 124 hands and saw flop:
 - 14 out of 19 times while in big blind (73%)
 - 13 out of 18 times while in small blind (72%)
 - 46 out of 87 times in other positions (52%)
 - a total of 73 out of 124 (58%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 14 (42%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $-14,503
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,112,569
balance: $6,561,977

No comments:

Post a Comment