Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One bad turn

The largest amount I lost on a single hand last night was $7,600. This came early on, in hand 3. Looking over the hand history, I realize I made a very bad play on the turn. I'd flopped a stealth two pair, but two of the flop cards were clubs. When the turn was a non-club, I made a feeble bet of $1,800 and got one caller. Wouldn't you know, he was on a club flush draw, and wouldn't you also know he made his flush on the river. When he bet $5,200 on the river, I felt duty bound to call, as there was a reasonable chance it was a bluff. Calling there wasn't so bad, but making such a small bet on the turn was very bad. What I needed to do was bet big enough to price the flush draws out of the market. Not only do I have a weakness for stealth two pairs, I have the even worse habit of slow-playing them! Live and (try to) learn :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 69 hands and saw flop:
 - 6 out of 10 times while in big blind (60%)
 - 2 out of 7 times while in small blind (28%)
 - 29 out of 52 times in other positions (55%)
 - a total of 37 out of 69 (53%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 8 (25%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-18,166
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,094,403
balance: $6,543,811

No comments:

Post a Comment