Sunday, January 6, 2013

A year of auto-archived hand histories

It's been over a year since I discovered the PokerStars feature of auto-archiving the hand histories. This is an incredibly useful feature, and I wish I'd discovered it earlier. Before I did, I was saving the hand histories manually, which was not only laborious but also had the effect of reducing the quality of my poker decisions.

Coincidentally, Friday night's session marked the 365th straight session with this feature turned on, a full year of sessions (though it took me more than a year to amass them). I now have a wealth of data to analyze, and it will just grow bigger and more valuable over time. Here are some initial raw numbers:

number of sessions: 365
number of calendar days: 451
number of tables: 640
number of hands: 37,616
delta: $4,430,023

The reason the number of tables is bigger than the number of sessions is because of my sit and go tournament binge; every sit and go session, I typically entered multiple tournaments.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 37 hands and saw flop:
 - 4 out of 5 times while in big blind (80%)
 - 2 out of 5 times while in small blind (40%)
 - 12 out of 27 times in other positions (44%)
 - a total of 18 out of 37 (48%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 4 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $39,881
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $3,993,675
balance: $6,443,083

No comments:

Post a Comment