Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Three strikes

Last night, I decided to join a table that had a couple of big stacks. That turned out to be a bad decision; one of the big stacks played the bully very effectively, and I had to fold a lot of hands. When I finally got a premium hand, a cruel river struck again; I'd made a king high flush on the turn, but lost a pot worth $25,600 to a full house of threes full of kings, which an opponent made with a river 3. Strike one.

Only four hands later, I lost a pot worth $39,900 when my two pair of kings and sixes lost to an opponent's three of a kind, sixes, which was made with a river 6. Strike two. That hand crippled me, and I hit the felt shortly afterwards.

I decided to stay at the same table and re-upped for the maximum of $40,000. I finally won a hand, got my stack up to a high of $65,150, and was feeling better about things, but that feeling was destined to be short-lived. My stack headed steadily south again. On my penultimate hand of the night, I held out for a flush which never materialized, and lost a pot worth $66,300 to an opponent with two pair, kings and jacks. Strike three.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 61 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 8 times while in big blind (50%)
- 3 out of 7 times while in small blind (42%)
- 17 out of 46 times in other positions (36%)
- a total of 24 out of 61 (39%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 8 (25%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $-61,150
balance: $1,269,690

No comments:

Post a Comment