Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Another 9 just like that one, please

Last night I had a nearly ideal session -- short, with a perfect showdown percentage, no foolish bets, and a decent-sized gain. All I have to do to increase my balance by $100K is have ten sessions like that in a row! I'm being a little facetious, I admit. It's very difficult to achieve ten winning sessions in a row; I've only done it once in my career. It's something to shoot for, though, and a great side effect of the attempt is that it's more difficult to make a foolish bet.

The first time I was nearing the one million play money mark, I made a plan to switch my game to Omaha as soon as I'd reached it. The second time, I made the same plan. This time, I have a different plan - when I reach the mark for the third time, I'm going to switch my game from Pot Limit Hold'em to No Limit Hold'em. That's the game all the big boys play, and I need to learn how to play it. I really think my best chance of making a million play dollars a year is by playing No Limit.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 20 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 4 times while in big blind (100%)
- 3 out of 4 times while in small blind (75%)
- 11 out of 12 times in other positions (91%)
- a total of 18 out of 20 (90%)
Pots won at showdown - 4 of 4 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $10,500
balance: $933,784

No comments:

Post a Comment