Monday, April 25, 2011

Cruel river

You might think, with a title like this one, that I had a losing session on Saturday night. Actually, I made a healthy profit. However, that was due to an in-session rebound, since I hit the felt at the second table I joined (I quit the first table, since the pace of play was too slow). The "cruel river" hand was my penultimate hand at the second table; the river card that gave me the nut flush gave my remaining opponent a full house at the same time. There's absolutely nothing you can do to avoid situations like that; they're guaranteed to happen to you every so often, and you just have to accept that fact and deal with it. You need to guard against going on tilt.

Did I go on tilt after that heartbreaking hand? I must admit that I did, though not egregiously. The very next hand I was dealt an ace ten offsuit, and went all in with it. I lost to pocket aces. Ace ten offsuit is certainly not the best hand to go all in with, but it's not too shabby, either.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 69 hands and saw flop:
- 8 out of 11 times while in big blind (72%)
- 8 out of 11 times while in small blind (72%)
- 28 out of 47 times in other positions (59%)
- a total of 44 out of 69 (63%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 13 (61%)
Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $40,850
balance: $1,330,840

No comments:

Post a Comment