Friday, June 6, 2014

The power of pocket pairs

Everyone knows that pocket pairs are extremely powerful when you're heads up. The fact is, they can be very powerful even when more players are at the table. Last night, I admittedly got very lucky late very late in the session. On hand 65, I was dealt pocket sixes in the big blind, and ended up going all in preflop with them. Another player raised all in after me, and got called. My sixes were up against a pair of tens and a pair of queens, so I was a 15.82% dog. However, I flopped a set, and ended up winning the main pot, which was worth $147,340. The pair of queens won a side pot worth $119,422. The reason I went all in was that the player who had the tens, and who had opened the preflop betting by raising to $10,000, had been playing very loosely, going all in far too often, and I figured he had "squadoosh" (to use a Norman Chad term). I should have folded after the pair of queens (who was in the small blind) called, and would have had I been disciplined enough, but I was "feeling it", as they say :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 66 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 9 times while in big blind (77%)
 - 5 out of 10 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 20 out of 47 times in other positions (42%)
 - a total of 32 out of 66 (48%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 5 (60%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $97,090
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,386,928
balance: $9,444,631

No comments:

Post a Comment