Thursday, June 19, 2014

The phantom bankroll

Last night, I stayed much too long at the fair. From an early point in the session, I was underwater for over a hundred straight hands. When I vaulted into the black on hand 112, I should have known enough to quit while I was ahead. Actually, let me rephrase that. I should have had the discipline to quit while I was ahead. I've never had a problem knowing when it's time to quit; it's just that I sometimes have a problem acting on that knowledge :-) This got me to wondering how big my bankroll would be if I never had a problem acting on the knowledge that it was time to quit. I call this the phantom bankroll. It's a simple calculation - I take my high water mark from each session, and add them up. This requires the full hand histories, of course. Here are the numbers:

        648 number of cash game no limit hold'em sessions
 $5,432,297 actual bankroll from those sessions
$18,158,311 phantom bankroll from those sessions

Certainly an eye-opener.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 178 hands and saw flop:
 - 18 out of 23 times while in big blind (78%)
 - 13 out of 24 times while in small blind (54%)
 - 55 out of 131 times in other positions (41%)
 - a total of 86 out of 178 (48%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 22 (13%)
 Pots won without showdown - 19

delta: $-79,538
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,170,880
balance: $9,228,583

No comments:

Post a Comment