Monday, June 9, 2014

Polarized

On Saturday night, I hit the felt when I called a polarizing bet an opponent made on the river. A polarizing bet is one which indicates that the bettor either has nothing, or has the nuts. There's nothing in between. In such cases, you have to rely primarily on your gut to tell you whether to fold or call. What made my decision harder was the fact that I'd hit a straight on the turn. The river card paired the turn card, putting full houses into play, but I just didn't believe my opponent had one. I was wrong. C'est la vie!

In other news, over the weekend I wrote the utility to figure out just how lonely the loneliest pot of my career was. My guesstimate was way off. I'd figured the loneliest it could be was about twenty lost hands in either direction, but the actual number turned out to be thirty.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 105 hands and saw flop:
 - 11 out of 13 times while in big blind (84%)
 - 8 out of 14 times while in small blind (57%)
 - 44 out of 78 times in other positions (56%)
 - a total of 63 out of 105 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 17 (47%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-39,931
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,246,997
balance: $9,304,700

No comments:

Post a Comment