Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pockmarked

Pocket pairs, aka "pocks", are funny things. They're strong holdings, but they don't always hold up. Last night, all three of my pocks bit the dust. They definitely caused my session to be pockmarked :-) All things being equal (which they almost never are), you should be dealt pocks once every 17 hands. With the number of hands I typically play a night, I can expect to get pocks at least 3 times per session. Last night, all three of my pocks were royal, but that didn't help me. Here's the tale of woe:

- on hand 13, I was dealt pocket jacks, and folded to a big river bet on a board of Kh Ts Tc 7s 8s; I lost $2,000 on the hand

- on hand 15, I was dealt pocket queens, and folded to a big river bet on a board of Kd 2d Kh 3s js; I lost $9,000 on the hand

- on hand 65, I was dealt pocket kings, went all in with them on the turn, and lost to a three of a kind, eights, on a board of Jd 8d 8c 5h 4h; I lost $24,825 on the hand, hit the felt, and decided not to reup a second time

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 65 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 8 times while in big blind (87%)
 - 3 out of 7 times while in small blind (42%)
 - 25 out of 50 times in other positions (50%)
 - a total of 35 out of 65 (53%)
 Pots won at showdown - 1 of 5 (20%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $-100,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,227,663
balance: $9,285,366

No comments:

Post a Comment