Monday, June 23, 2014

Donkey shove

On Saturday night, I played like a donkey on the very first hand. I'd been dealt pocket sevens, and hit a set on the flop. I bet big on the flop, bigger on the turn, and biggest on the river. That strategy would have been fine, except for one glaring problem - the river gave the fourth card to a straight. I should just have checked the river, then folded to any big bet. Instead, I made a donkey shove, and was insta-called. I got what I deserved; the caller had the straight. I looked through the archives, and found that I've only ever lost my entire starting stack on the first hand twice. After my donkey shove, I reupped for the max, and settled in for a long night of grinding. I hit the felt for the second time on hand 56. I never made it back to the black, but at least recovered my second lost stack, plus change.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 133 hands and saw flop:
 - 15 out of 19 times while in big blind (78%)
 - 7 out of 19 times while in small blind (36%)
 - 46 out of 95 times in other positions (48%)
 - a total of 68 out of 133 (51%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 21 (28%)
 Pots won without showdown - 12

delta: $-38,005
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,240,111
balance: $9,297,814

No comments:

Post a Comment