Thursday, June 12, 2014

River love

Last night, the poker gods showed me some river love on the penultimate hand of the session. I felt like I was due :-) I hit a flush on the river, and raked in a pot worth $46,931. Small potatoes by some standards, but very welcome to me, as a great way to end my slump. The reason that pot was as big as it was was because I bet into it every street, sensing the flush that was coming. That kind of betting pattern makes it harder for opponents to put you on a hand, so it's more likely you'll get called at the end, when you're making your biggest bet of the hand. I liken this to a surfer sensing the best wave before it actually shows itself; you have to take it on faith in the early going.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 75 hands and saw flop:
 - 10 out of 10 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 7 out of 11 times while in small blind (63%)
 - 25 out of 54 times in other positions (46%)
 - a total of 42 out of 75 (56%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 8 (62%)
 Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $37,088
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,198,347
balance: $9,256,050

No comments:

Post a Comment