Wednesday, May 14, 2014

When twenty costs you eighty

As I've mentioned many times before in this space, poker is all about pattern recognition. The most important patterns to recognize are your own bad habits. The trouble is, just being able to recognize them isn't enough; you have to be able to stop yourself from falling prey to them. One bad habit I can easily recognize, but have trouble escaping, is the one of trying too hard to get back into the black when I'm within shouting distance of it. Last night, I hit the felt for the first time on hand 49. I reupped for the max, and found myself within $20,000 of getting back into the black 38 hands after that. A little voice told me I'd seen the best of my luck, and should get out of Dodge. Needless to say, I didn't heed it. I ended up hitting the felt again, for an aggregate loss of $100,000 on the night. So the twenty I coveted cost me eighty more.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 135 hands and saw flop:
 - 15 out of 22 times while in big blind (68%)
 - 13 out of 23 times while in small blind (56%)
 - 46 out of 90 times in other positions (51%)
 - a total of 74 out of 135 (54%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 21 (38%)
 Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $-100,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,006,793
balance: $9,064,496

No comments:

Post a Comment